Saturday, November 11, 2017

social media marketing

So I have to admit, I don't really get this social media marketing gig. I understand that the younger folks use social media to interact, so to help spread the word about what you do, you have to have a presence on social media. The concept is that word of mouth will spread, it goes viral and you get rich, right? Well, the closest I've come is when we did one job on C Dock at Two Rivers Marina, they loved it and told their neighbors about us who started ordering @seadek for their own boats and it took off like a wildfire. It was fun, and rewarding.....and had Nothing to do with social media!

I guess I go back to what my dad taught me..."you get paid for what you do". To me that means customer first. Do a great job and do what you say you're going to do. The rest falls into place.

I do research on how to improve my business using social research, and what I get is....there's not much data to support that all of the hours you spend posting content really pays off, but again, you have to do it. What I found this morning is the hottest thing is Reposting old content....just to keep it out there and in front of your followers. See @meetedgar for more details on how this works, but for $50 a month, they will take your library of content and keep posting it over and over and over... They claim that it will double your followers. To me, it just seems that it would annoy the people who do follow #contemporarymarineflooring. We already live in a world where spam is king, so many people make $ just putting a new face on something somebody else invented / innovated and fewer and fewer people understand somebody has to actually make stuff. :(

The one tip I did think was a great idea from this morning was to post a "tip of the week". I'm going to try to start doing this, and it may or may not have anything to with SeaDek. It will have to do with customer first.

I will continue to post of FB and on Instagram and encourage you to follow us and #contemporaryfiberglass. I also blog and I try to include some personal stuff to keep it in front of my customers that we have some really interesting stuff that we do when we're not making #seadek. It's true, We work to live, not live to work.

We have the best customers ever and we're grateful. Have a Great rest of your weekend.



No comments:

Post a Comment